Friday, November 02, 2012

The Joy Dare

Many months have passed since my last post. The days that have flown by so quickly have been filled with good and needed changes, laughter, perseverance, trusting, tears, making memories, fun, and most of all, knowing God's faithfulness.

My heart has been stirring within to return to some of the things I have been neglecting and giving attention to- one being writing here on my blog.

Because I know that there are things that occupy much of my time, I thought I would start back again with something doable, attainable and fun.

So, I begin this month in which thankfulness is celebrated with taking the Joy Dare. For the next 30 days, I will be on the lookout, receive, and journal God's gifts to me.

Day 1 began with 3 gifts eaten. For dinner I went old school, comfort food... Salisbury Steak, Mashed Potatoes and Peas and Carrots. While the gift of nourishment and enjoyment of good food is something to take to heart, the gift I soaked in deepest was
knowing I was sitting around the table with the ones I love most.

1 comment:

  1. Always like seeing your posts pop up on my list. :) I think I should do the Joy Dare too. Thanks for the inspiration. You mashed potatoes look scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts...